Plazi is an association supporting and promoting the development and service of persistent and openly accessible digital taxonomic literature. To this end Plazi will:
- Maintain a digital taxonomic literature repository to enable archiving, accessing and disseminating of taxonomic treatments and included data.
- Enhance submitted taxonomic treatments by creating TaxonX and Taxpub XML versions.
- Participate in the development of new models for publishing taxonomic treatments in order to maximize interoperability with other relevant cyberinfrastructure components (e.g., name servers, biodiversity resources, etc...)
- Advocate and educate about the vital importance of maintaining free and open access to scientific discourse and data.
- 100,000 treatments in Plazi. Berne, February 24, 2015 -
- Plazi up in an interim solution after a major hacker attack. Berne, February 23, 2015
- Plazi signs MOU to become an Associate Participant of GBIF, Berne, February 17, 2015
- Plazi participating at the Swiss Systematics Society-Day 2014, Geneva, November 14: Plazi presented at the SSS-Day 2014 a brief introduction to the Bouchout Declaration and offered contributing to the planned Species 200 exhibit during the 200 years anniversary of the Swiss Academy of Sciences in 2015. It is planned to exhibit 200 species described with the support of the ScNat, for which Plazi might provide access to the repective treatments and linked type images.
Where to meet us
- Swiss Open Cultural Data Hackathon, Berne, 27/28 February at the Swiss National Library
- RDA Fifth Plenary Meeting / RDA-CODATA legal interoperabilty Working Group, San Diego, USA, 8-12 March
- EUBON General Assembly, Clare College, Cambridge UK, 1-4 June
- Open Research Data Hackdays, Lausanne / Basle, Switzerland, June 05/06, 2015
- Systematics - the science that underpins biology, Systematics Association Biennial (2015), University of Oxford, Oxford, UK., 26-28 August